Wednesday 25 September 2013

Rajma Chaat/Salad - Kidney Bean Salad

This is another lazy quick fix :) Makes a great snack or salad,healthy and no worries of accumulating calories too.I tried this out with some left over Rajma and it turned out to be real filling and yummy ! Every time I make a post I tell myself that I should make another post in 2 or 3 days but it never seems to be happen. I've been happily clicking a lot of pics but I'm too lazy to sit and make a post. I honestly respect all you consistent bloggers,I wonder what actually drives you to post regularly :)So off to the post....



You'll  Need:
Boiled Rajma -  1 - 1.5 cups
Onion - 1 small (chopped)
Tomato - 1 small(chopped)
Cucumber - 1/4th of a big one (chopped into cubes)
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (chopped)
Chaat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - a pinch - or more
Pepper Powder - 1/8 tsp
Salt as needed
Lemon Juice -  2 tbsp
Carrot - 1 small one(grated) - optional

Method:
-Boil the Rajma and separate the boiled water and Rajma. You can use the boiled Rajma water in curries.
-Chop the onion,tomato,cucumber and coriander leaves.
-In a bowl add all the ingredients except lemon juice and salt.Toss real well.
-Add the lemon juice and mix well.Add salt as needed and mix well !Done !



Thanks for stopping by ! Happy Cooking !

Sending this to Party happening at Amrita's space Motions and Emotions




Sending this to Walk through memory lane happening at My Healthy Happy Kitchen and Gayathri's Cookspot

14 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, such a healthy and colorful salad, I am gonna try this for sure. Looks yumm and very very beautiful clicks dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very healthy salad .Tempting clicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a lovely salad... awesome clicks dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me thinking how I find the time to write. Ok, its like this - sometimes I am so bored because I am married to a man who is married to his job. My one and only daughter is already grown up and she stays on her own. I work and have my share of managing my home. Yet I still find I have time in hand and I just use it to write. Yet there are days I drag myself to sit in front of my laptop. So its ding dong here and there.

    My can of beans is seating very comfortably in my pantry and I am still trying to use it. I should before it expires and tadaa!! here comes your recipe. Its simple and saves lots of my time stirring and cooking. I hope, seriously this weekend my family is coming over and I am reminding myself to make this wonderful salad with the beans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate deadlines I am sure all of us do.Blogging may be the only place that doesn't have one so I like to take it slowly.There are so many pics of same recipe I accumulate and finally everything becomes a mess that is my story :))) So now a days I tell myself 10 pics and switch off camera.
    I too have a rajma recipe lined up.I love ur chat salad with bean it looks so colorful and yummy.Really liked the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this previous week, (just replaced rajma with boiled mixed sprouts) and salad was delecious, must try with rajma too! :) Salad looks luvely dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and delicious Salad.. Nice clicks dear,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Consistent Posting! I wouldn't know what that is ;) More than anything, the events I host drive me to make recipe posts also - lest my space would become a Recipe Blog that has no recipes. He he ;)

    Anyway, love the colours in that first shot Reni :) Sort of makes me want to grab that bowl right off the screen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healthy salad.Thanks for sending this to Gayathri's WTML Event hosted by me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...