Wednesday 16 July 2014

Baked Mini Donuts

At last I have a PC that works ! And it feels so good to be using a big keyboard,the last time I tried to use my blog on my tab I ended up deleting all the comments instead of posting them.Thanks a lot for the comments ppl :) The football season is over and I really miss the excitement in the air. I'm a football fan,and honestly these days I think twice before I tell this:) .People in India seem to feel that being a football fan is something to do with staying abroad.And it's almost like you aren't patriotic if you aren't a fan of cricket :).Guess it's like the Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue in ' My name is Khan','I'm an Indian and I'm not a big fan of cricket' :). The last football world cup was very close to my heart,though most of my favourite football teams were out by the semi finals.I was in my last week of Pregnancy and every time I got excited with a goal ,hubby used to get tensed.I could see that he was scared that he might have to rush me to the hospital :) But this world cup was a real treat to watch.Most of my favourite teams made it to the last few rounds ,except for Ghana.The semi-finals where my two favourite teams Germany and Brazil were pitted again each other was something I'll never forget. I was almost close to tears with every goal that Germany scored against Brazil,well that was a match that will go down in history.The finals was a very exciting event which we got to watch along with a crowd in a big public viewing screen.We did have to get back home to watch the last extra time of the match as it was getting late and my daughter somehow managed to blow her football flute exactly when Argentina was playing well,getting us a few angry stares :p I simply love the German football team,which has nothing to do with me staying in Germany, and was happy to see them win.Guess I've ranted a lot already :)
 Coming to these Donuts,I love donuts but the frying part is a big problem with my persistent weight gain :) So when I found these cute donut pans I was more than happy to buy them,not to mention that it was on a discount sale.These are very cute and yummy and bake in not time.And they just melt in your mouth .I've just shared a basic version here and will soon be posting other versions too (hopefully:p)!



You'll need:
Makes about 15 small donuts
All purpose Flour - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Egg - 1/2 a large one
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Whole Milk - a little less than 1/2 a cup
Sunflower oil - 1.5 tbsp
Vanilla essence - a few drops.
For the Glaze:
Whole Milk -  2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 3/4 cup
For a thicker Glaze use just 1 tbsp of Milk

Method:
-Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
-In a bowl sift together the flour,baking powder,cinnamon,nutmeg and salt.
-In a big bowl whisk the egg and the sugar together,then add the milk,oil and essence.Whisk until the mixture is well combined.Add the flour mixture to this and mix only until there are no lumps.Be careful to not over beat.
-Grease the pan with a little oil or butter and fill each mould with 3/4 th of the batter.Bake for 7 to 10 minute,until a skewer or toothpick inserted in it comes out clean.
-Remove the pan from the oven and holding them above  a plate such that the backside of the pan faces you.Gently pat them two or three times and the donuts willf all out.If some of them remain sticking to the pan just loosen their edges with a toothpick and they will fall out.

If you love watching your cakes puff up,then watching these donuts puff up would be a real delight ..
For the Glazing:
-In a bowl whisk the milk and the sugar well.And when the donuts are still hot dip them in the glaze.You can add sprinkles on them and let them dry.They dry very quickly !

I had a helper who was very eager to help me with the sprinkles,well more than half of the sprinkles ended up in her mouth.:)

-I wanted a thin glaze so I added 2 tbsps of milk,for a thicker whiter Glaze add just a tbsp of milk.
-They are so cute and yummy that you'll find yourself reaching for more :)

Thanks for stopping by ! Have a nice day !

10 comments:

  1. Delicious baked mini donuts love that you young one enjoying it. Yes I miss football a lot, germany played well, so they deserve the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. they look so good... hope to see u blogging more often... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmarked recipe . Will try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks just perfect!! not deep fried a very healthy version too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Football and cricket: both out of the question for me. But my other half; he can be glued for hours on both. These doughnuts are so gorgeous and lovely. Never made doughnuts I think in my entire life. Your recipe is perfect to be tried out compared to those made with yeast and the need for doughnut cutter. Let me keep the recipe aside and perhaps will try when the hurricane in my life settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect one for a cup of coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these look so cute and yummy..nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute ones & nicely clicked away,Reni :)
    Thanx for visting my space too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...