Friday 20 May 2016

Turkey Pepper Fry

My blog looked so neglected that I decided to give it a facelift.I wanted to rename it and  was surprised to find that there was either one blog or more than one blog with every possible name that I could think of .I was so frustrated that I even thought of naming it 'Lost in the Dessert' only to realise that even that was taken.Guess I was only left with the name 'Taken' :) It's funny how much a blog name reflects your thoughts.I asked my Hubby if he had any ideas and he immediately came up with 'Snackdown' and 'TasteWars' :)I was so happy that he din't come up with something like 'TasteTrek' or the 'The Big Clang theory'.Surprisingly my 5 year old came up with smarter names likes 'Hunger Games','Dessert Island' and 'Reni the first'.I get it ,I need to cut down her TV time.My sister sent me so many names on WhatsApp like she was firing from a cannon,that I asked her if she was using some tool called the "Autoblognamegenerator'.But unfortunately all of them were taken.Finally I settled with the name 'The Noisy Kitchen' which exactly depicts my Kitchen ,as I've said here :) I did like my previous name 'What's Cooking !',I had come up with it in no time.But there are so many Blogs out there with the same name that I decided that it was time to change.
Coming to the recipe,Turkey back in India was an once a year special .My Mother used to prepare a special Turkey curry ever year on New Year day.But here in Germany we find it easily and I find it like an intermediate between Chicken and Mutton,because I find Mutton a bit strong.This is a very easy and yummy dish and goes well with both Rice and Chapathi, or even with just a slice of white bread for an evening snack,that's my favourite too.So off to the recipe !





You'l Need:
Turkey - 200 g

To Grind to a paste for the marinade:
Coriander leaves - 5 - 6 sprigs
Lemon Juice - 1 Tb
Pepper Corns - 1 tsp
Green Chilli - 1 to 2
Ginger - 8 - 10 cloves
Garlic- the same amount as Garlic
salt - a little
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp

Onion - 1 very large(finely chopped)
Tomato - 1 very large(finely chopped)
Curd - 2 Tb
Cinnamon - 1 " stick
Cloves - 2
Oil -  1 Tb
Salt as needed

Tempering:
Oil- 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds -  1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - a few



Method:
-Marinate the Turkey in the paste for 1 -  2 hours in the refrigerator.
-Heat oil in a pan when it heats up,add the cinnamon and cloves,when they splutter add the onion with a pinch of salt and sauté until the onions are well browned.
-Add the Turkey along with the marinade and sauté well for 4 -5 minutes.Then add the curd,Tomatoes and coriander powder and required salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
-Transfer the contents to a pressure cooker and cook until the Turkey is well cooked.The cooking time varies with the cooker,I cook it on high heat until the first whistle,then simmer for 7 -10 minutes.Turkey cooks faster than Mutton.
-Remove from the stove.
-In another pan heat the oil for tempering and when it heats up add the Garam masala powder,Fennel seeds and curry leaves .When they splutter add the contents of the pressure cooker and let it boil  until all the water evaporates.
-Now sauté it on medium heat until it becomes dry and starts oozing oil out.Garnish with a few coriander leaves.


Note:This curry works well with Mutton or Lamb too.

Thanks for stopping by ! Have a Nice day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...